The Oxygen For Growth
Running a small business as a photographer means you’re the boss and in control.
As any successful entrepreneur will advise, no matter what their arena of business, keeping things moving to encourage new opportunities is vital if you are to realise your potential and stay relevant during times of change.
Watch out for the trap and confines of comfort zones where you stick within limits and practices of the past. It can be tempting to feel that sense of security as you experience the relentlessness of spiralling costs. However, it is more important than ever you step out and provide your business with the oxygen it needs to move forwards and grow.
Growth is only possible outside a comfort zone:
- Try something new: perhaps a personal project you have been avoiding due to time pressures or a lack of motivation; there is never a better time.
- Shake things up a little: master and instigate one new marketing initiative to help build your connections and reach new markets.
- Refresh your brand: curated galleries, masterfully presented.
- Build up your network and reach out to the unknown: You may be rusty or tend to avoid in-person meetings.
- Opportunities are opening back up and it’s time to mingle in-person amongst your prospective clients, peers and collaborators if you are to be noticed and take advantage of the powerful grapevine.
- Research and target gatherings in your arena and tangentially-related creative spaces.
- Offer one-to-one meet-ups over a coffee and croissant.
- Plant seeds for the future: exude a positive energy, offer up ideas and be open to possibilities, unconditionally.